Purpose: You will write a story that will entertain your audience i.e the whole world.
Today’s WALT: entice the audience to read more and to understand who is the main character.
SC:
1. Hook in your audience with suspense, humour, traditional fairytale starter, rhetorical question or a general description of the setting and characters.
2. Try to include some historical background (exposition) about your main character.
3. Choose a point of view - First Character or Third Character
4. View the Youtube videos before you start writing.
5. Use my narrative Plan, to help me stay on the main idea.
...The Power Family…
Once upon a time, in 1996, there lived a family... the Power Family. They lived in a very bad criminal town called Hazelton.
In their family there is Erin the Super Strong Dad, “ I can lift anybody.”
Jade the Incredible Invisible Power, “I can hide in the best spots and you won’t find me - but my dad doesn’t know about my power.”
Dorothy the Feisty Firepower Sister, “I can burn a baddie”
and Ella The Super Slick Fast Sister, “I can run from anybody even Usain Bolt!”
“BEE DOO BEE DOO” the hero cell phone rings Erin picks it up.
“Ummm What's your emergency for the power family?” he said.
“There has been a really bad robbery at the Z, the robber smashed the window, stole all the money in the cash register and took all the food off the shelves,” the woman says.
“Okay we will be right there in about... ahh... in a flash of a light.” Erin said.
“Ella, Dorothy are you coming with me NOW!!” Erin said.
“Yuusss!” Dorothy and Ella says so excitedly.
“Dad could I come.” Jade said.
“When are you ever allowed to come!!” stated Erin.
“NEVER!!” she yells back to her family.
“Enough Jade I have an emergency to attend! Ella get as fast as you can to the robbery at the Z at Hazelton. It’s the Z right before you turn off to Marks Road,” Dad said.
Jade sighs and walks to her room. “Why can’t I ever go with them? Why has he left me all alone at home? Ohh I know what I’m gonna do, to get back on my family… run away from home and hide until they find me MUHAHAHA!!“ she says evilly.
That day, in the evening, the family is back from fighting the robbery.
“Jade? Jade where are you? I want to tell you about the crime, that we just dealt with,” Dad says in a really happy voice. “Girls, go find your sister in the house.” Dad says now drifting off feeling sad
“Dad we can’t find her.” They said.
“Pack your bags. We are going to look for your sister this instant,” Erin said.
They set off to find Jade, with Ella running fast looking in the forest.
As Jade was walking through the bush she found a small eared, big nose man.
“What’s your name?” the fellow said looking puzzled.
“Jade, what’s your name?” Jade said.
“Wizard Rumple, come along with me and I will take you, to where my village is.”
“Sure. I ran away from home because my dad will never let me fight crime because he thinks I don’t have powers like the rest of my family. My dads known as ‘THE MAN,” so off they went to their destination of the wizard’s village.
As Jade’s family was walking through the bush, they heard something talking as they walked passed the trees “OI YOU!” the tree said to the family.
“Who’s there? Tell me or else I will use my powers on you” Erin said.
“It’s me, the tree. Can you help me please because I’m really sick and I need someone really tough to pull some of my branches off,” the tree said.
“Dad you’ve got the super strong power in our family, you can use your special power to help the poor tree. Right?” Dorothy said
“Yes dear, you are so right” Erin says to Dorothy.
He heaves all his might and finally the roots all come out. Dad has just remembered that he is looking for Jade, so he asks the tree.
“Have you seen a strange girl walk past here? Brown reddish hair, she’s quite annoying and freakishly tall.” Erin said.
“OH yes she was walking with a fellow that had a really tall hat and a wand and a wizards cape they were heading towards the wizard’s village.” tree trunks said.
“Oh okay tree. I might see you on the way back with my daughter Jade.” Erin said.
As Dad, Dorothy and Ella walked through the bush, they suddenly came across a village.
“Dad do you see those really tall funny looking houses, over there?” said Ella.
“Yes” said Erin.
“What do you think? Should we check it out because Jade might be there and it’s our only hope?” said Ella.
“I know, come on lets go and see if your sister is hiding away from us in these funny looking family house” Erin said.
They enter the magical village where Jade was. As they were walking through the village, they saw special wizards that were making potions. So it was obvious they knew that they heading in the right way because the tree told them, that the really weird girl was heading to the wizards village with a man, that had a really tall hat and a wizards cape.
Just then Jade runs straight out of the village because they were playing tiggi with Wizard Rumple, but what she didn’t know was that her dad was right there, just coming around the corner.
“Jade Jade there you are, come with us please” Erin said.
“No. No. No. You lot never let me come with you to fight the baddies because you said that I don’t have a superpower but actually I do.” Jade said.
“No I was just lying because I didn’t want you to get hurt because you're the youngest in our family, my darling. You won’t believe how much I want you back ” Erin said.
“But, Dad” Jade said
“No Buts, I want you back.” Erin said.
“Bribe me and I will come back home” Jade said.
“You will be able to fight whenever you want and you could be the one that sleep holds the baddie ayyyye Jade” Erin said.
“Fine then I will come home and you will have to promise me that I can sleep hold baddies FOREVER!!” Jade said in a pleading way.
“Yes My darling.” Erin
As they were heading home they were talking about past and future crime fighting stories and helping others feel safe.
Thankfully Jade and her family will now live happily ever after with no more problems and no more family situations.
The End
By Nomairangi
01/07/2014
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.