Pages

Thursday, 26 June 2014

Fractured Fairytale

Fractured Fairy Tale
WALT: recraft a traditional fairytale by changing characters, settings, main events and ideas but still making sure that the bone-structure of the fairy tale can be recognised.

Nomairangi and The Giant Sun Flower


Two years ago in the countryside of Orakau, their lived a ramshackled farm. On that farm lived a mother and her daughter named Nomairangi. The farm was so poor that they only had one pig. One day the mother told Nomairangi to sell their pig for money or food at the market.  

On the way to the market she found an odd man dressed in blue. The odd man showed Nomairangi five magic flower beans to trade for her pig, she decided to make the trade. When Nomairangi got home her mother was so angry at her that she threw the magic sunflower beans out the window and sent Nomairangi to bed without supper.


The next morning outside the window was a huge sunflower stretching past the clouds all the way to the sky. Nomairangi climbed to the top and saw a magical land in  the clouds and she also saw a huge castle on the land.

Inside the castle there was a small rooster sitting on a nest “Take me with you,” the rooster said to Nomairangi, “I’m a special rooster because I lay golden eggs.”

Nomairangi grabbed the rooster and headed for the sunflower, behind her she heard a very loud grumbling “Fee, Fie, Fo, Fum!!” a giant yelled as he chased after Nomairangi.

Nomairangi climbed down the sunflower as fast as she could. The giant climbed down behind her. When Nomairangi got to the bottom she quickly grabbed an axe and chopped down the flower. The giant had to quickly climb to his castle or he would of crashed to the ground.

Nomairangi and her mother used the golden eggs to buy a mansion and they were never hungry ever again. They lived happily ever after.


The End  
By Nomairangi Kopa 26/06/2014

6 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Nomairangi :)
    It was clear to see the motivation from which you based your fractured fairy tale. Your writing was entertaining! I think your images added a little something extra too. Great work!
    Whaea Gaylene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Whaea Gaylene :)

      Delete
  2. I like your first paragraph It really made me read more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nomairangi I like your story you hooked me in on the first paragraph but the part I liked the most is that the setting is in Orakau I think that your story is a great story keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nomairangi,
    What a great Fractured fairy tale, that was very interesting I really thought that was a good piece of writing.
    To improve your writing I'll give you a little tip, when your writing your stories you can maybe add more speaking bits so that the characters could sound more alive.
    Well any ways I really enjoyed your piece of writing can't wait to see the next piece of awesome writing. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.