Pages

Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Annotated Reflection

WALT: write an annotated reflection showing judgement, opinion and analysis.    

SC:
1. Use past verbs that show metal processes i.e. think, wondered, guessed…
2. Use the Helped/Hindered box to structure your writing.
3. Must inform the audience how you improved or did not improve.
4. Must provide examples and explanation on why you became a better writer or not.    

My Writing Progress Made in Term 2

During term 2, we focused on narrative writing. Before Chromebooks came into our world we were writing in our exercise books and when I think about how my writing looked like in my writing book, I think I was below in my writing. Writing in our exercise books was very hard because your book had to be tidy at the start of year. However when I worked in my book throughout the year I would be getting a lot of growlings from my other teachers because your book had to be spotless.    

Now with Chromebooks I can write a four page writing assignment and that’s about 1,200 words or more. I now feel that the Chromebooks have helped me to achieve where I’m supposed to be at the Year 7. I know that I am writing in the middle of level four.

The Read & Write app has helped me to become a really good speller and it high lights my grammatical mistakes. The app will read my work out and you can hear if my work doesn’t make sense.

Miss Simeon’s lesson plans have helped me because she has a lot of ideas on her lesson plans. I think her plans have helped me to start writing like her and using more sophisticated words like Miss Simeon uses in her writing samples.

I think Blogs are really important to me because my family in Australia or New Zealand can click on my blog and see my work. The blog is set up so that I can show my best learning on google. The more writing I do, the more postings I make on my blog. I pretty proud of my blog.

We have buddy writers in class, all of  friends can help me out with helpful comments, that tell me that I have made a mistake or I could improve my writing by adding powerful emotive language. I use my buddy writer all the time before I see Miss Simeon.

I think the chromebooks is a really good learning tool for my education because they have helped me to organise my ideas, recraft my ideas and present my ideas. It is so obvious that I am going to succeed in my writing and that I will be ready for college. So, every school in Northland should be working with a connected chromebook.

I think chromebooks should be introduced to other schools around New Zealand  because they can improve a lot of other childrens’ writing in New Zealand.    


 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.